Before you book…
- Check there are spaces available
Before booking for one of our cycling holidays, please go to the page for your chosen holiday and check whether there are places still available.
- Check our terms and conditions
Please read these. I know it’s boring but they are important.
- Contact us with any queries
If there’s anything you’re not sure about or you have particular requirements, contact us.
- Fill in our provisional booking form. This doesn’t commit you to anything yet.
What happens next?
- We’ll normally contact you within 24 hours to confirm the details of your booking. Occasionally it might take longer if we’re out on the road.
- When we confirm, we’ll ask you for a deposit of £80 per person. We’ll hold your booking for up to a week without a deposit.
- We prefer payment by direct BACS transfer. If you have a UK bank account with telephone or online banking facilities, this is a straightforward and secure way to pay.
- We will also accept payment by cheque from a UK bank account.
- We will also accept payment online by credit or debit card, but we will make a small charge for this to cover our costs.
We’ll give you details of how to pay when we send you the booking confirmation.
Safeguarding your payments
In order to protect your pre-payments, in accordance with Regulation 20 of The Package Travel, Package Holidays & Package Tours Regulations 1992 (generally known as The Package Travel Regulations), your payments are held in a separate “client deposit account” at our bank. Access to this account is controlled by an independent trustee. You remain the beneficial owner of your pre-payments until completion of your holiday (unless you forfeit any pre-payments in accordance with the cancellation terms in our terms and conditions).
Under 18-year-olds must be accompanied by an adult and have good road sense. If you want to bring children, please contact us first to discuss possibilities and safety issues. The following discounts apply for children who share their parents’ bedroom and are attached to an adult’s bike: 60% discount for 3 to 5-year-olds, 20% discount for 6 to 12-year-olds, babies free.
We strongly recommend that you take out Third Party Personal Liability insurance in case you cause an accident to another cyclist. You may already be covered on your home contents insurance or cycling club membership. Membership of CTC, Britain’s national cycling charity, includes third-party insurance, as does individual membership of British Cycling.
Travel insurance will cover you for: 3rd party personal liability; if you have to cancel due to illness etc; personal accident; and loss of baggage. If buying a general travel insurance policy, check the small print carefully for exclusions. Some companies exclude loss or damage of cycles; some won’t pay up for loss or injury while cycling; some have personal liability cover that doesn’t apply while you are cycling. CTC offers a travel insurance policy specifically aimed at cyclists, but you should satisfy yourself as to whether it is appropriate for your needs.