Before you book:
- Check there are spaces available.
Before booking for one of our cycling holidays, please go to the page for your chosen holiday and check whether there are places still available.
- Contact us with any queries.
See the More about Beanos page for answers to some frequently-asked questions. If there’s anything you’re not sure about, or you have particular requirements, contact us.
- Fill in our provisional booking form. This doesn’t commit you to anything yet.
What happens next?
- We’ll normally contact you within 24 hours to confirm the details of your booking. Occasionally it might take longer if we’re out on the road.
- When we confirm, we’ll ask you for a deposit of £80 per person. We’ll hold your booking for up to a week without a deposit.
- We prefer payment by direct BACS transfer. If you have a UK bank account with telephone or online banking facilities, this is a straightforward and secure way to pay.
- We also accept payment online by credit or debit card. (We use the Stripe online payment service. We don’t receive or store your payment card details.)
- We also accept payment by cheque from a UK bank account.
- We’ll give you details of how to pay when we send you the booking confirmation.
Safeguarding your payments
Bicycle Beano is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with “The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018” all passengers booking with Bicycle Beano are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Bicycle Beano. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC.
Contact details for the insurers will be included in your booking confirmation email.
Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance or any claim relating to Air Flights. If you have booked flights as part of your travel, you should ensure that the company with which you booked the flights has the appropriate CAA/ATOL bonds in place.
Under 18-year-olds must be accompanied by a responsible adult and must have good road sense if they’re riding their own bikes. If you want to bring children, please contact us first to discuss the possibilities. The following discounts apply for children who share their parents’ bedroom and are attached to an adult’s bike: 60% discount for 3 to 5-year-olds, 20% discount for 6 to 12-year-olds, babies free.
We strongly recommend that you take out Third Party Personal Liability insurance in case you cause an accident to another cyclist. You may already be covered on your home contents insurance or cycling club membership. Membership of Cycling UK, Britain’s national cycling charity, includes third-party insurance, as do London Cycling Campaign membership and some (not all!) classes of individual British Cycling membership.
Travel insurance will cover you for things like third party personal liability, cancellation due to illness etc, cancelled flights/trains, personal accident and loss of baggage. If you’re buying a general travel insurance policy, check the small print carefully for exclusions relating to cycling. Some companies exclude loss or damage of cycles; some won’t pay up for loss or injury while cycling; some have personal liability cover that doesn’t apply while you are cycling. Some make a distinction between just “cycling” and “cycle touring” (and have differing definitions of what “touring” means!). Specialist travel insurance aimed specifically at cycling or “active” holidays may be better, but again, read the small print and ask questions.
The Inevitable Disclaimer: Bicycle Beano is not FCA regulated and cannot assess individual needs for insurance. We are unable to give advice or recommendations about the suitability of specific insurance policies for your needs.